Monday, 10 March 2014

The lull

I am between projects at the moment and I really don't have the umph to start something new! I stuck to my commitment in January and February to finish a pile of UFOs that were floating around and have given myself permission now to start new things but am lacking inspiration, last week I made scrappy improv blocks to tidy up because I couldn't quite decide what to move onto next and here I am days later still undecided! It is weird feeling.

I still have tons to do like the BOM for quilt club:


and several cushion covers to finish, the VW Beetle quilt top, the Magpie PP block to assemble and my Tula Pink City Sampler has been laying stagnant for ages.

Do you ever have trouble deciding what to do next??

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely! I am in a total "unmotivated mood". I keep blaming it on the fact we haven't had sun for so long...as I just feel blah and indecisive. A soon as I saw your post...I was releaved to know I was not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it is a late winter slump too Val, I may go to the gym tomorrow to try to improve my mood!

      Delete
  2. It's not that I have problems deciding what to do next...it's that I have too many things going on at once! Some days I feel overwhelmed, so I have to remind myself that this is just a hobby and it's supposed to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY! I find I need to remind myself of this fact every now and then too!

      Delete
    2. Definitely felt more like a chore many times lately as I finished UFOs

      Delete
  3. I hate starting anything new so tend to drag out the finishing process so i do not have to start! Change of any sort I have a problem with these days. This has got worse as I have got ancient, I just blame my age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite impressed that you managed to go through January and February working only on your UFOs! I should probably go through all my stuff and see just exactly how many UFOs that I have.

    ReplyDelete