Monday, 28 April 2014

Catching up on my BOM

I am participating in my quilt clubs BOM this year. This morning I added the top and bottom border strips:


It still looks like a mish-mash of varied colors, but so does the quilt in the book, so hopefully I can bring it all back together with the next lots of borders! In the book there was a bear and some moose appliqued onto this bottom border but I just fussy cut some bear and moose to put in the border blocks instead because I am not a huge fan of applique.

This is the book we are using for this BOM:

8 comments:

  1. I love watching your progress on this one Marianne!! Tomorrow's Tuesday Archive themes are boys and BOM...be sure to stop by and link up....as your progress is inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great, love ther fussy cutting of the animals at the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's coming along great! I love the colors so far and the fussy cutting definitely adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it and it is probably because it is a woodsy theme. I think you'll love it. It is fun how the color placement in the flying geese give a different flying geese effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This BOM is the bomb! The fabrics used are just gorgeous, are they primarily provided with the program or from stash (since I see you said you added some stash enhancements)? Thanks for sharing this at Val's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is all scrap from my stash, This year I am really trying to refresh my stash by using the old and hoarding the new LOL. I stress the word trying though, I'm not always successful with that goal!

      Delete