Monday, 9 June 2014

BOM finish

After finishing Rod's quilt yesterday I moved on to the BOM I have been doing for quilt club. I decided that my interest level had wained and I wanted to finish it without adding the additional applique borders that the patterns has. So instead of those borders I just added a scrappy piano keys border first I cut all the leftover fabric from this WIP tub into 5" x 2.5" rectangles for the piano keys. It was waaaaay more rectangles than I needed but I'll use them up in a charity quilt some time.


I did this border mainly to achieve some color balance across the quilt because I didn't really like the lopsided color scheme of the pattern. So here it is:


It actually looks better in person, this dreary weather we are having makes for terrible indoor pictures!

Henry approves of the new quilt top

I even sewed two pieces of this bottom fabric together to make a backing wide enough:


So it is ready to quilt and has been added to this pile:


So now I have three quilts to FMQ when I find the time.

2 comments:

  1. ooohhh I've been waiting to see this finish....it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it really turned out great! I love the piano keys border!

    ReplyDelete