A sewing machine for a buck!

I have been looking at this 1974 Bernina sewing machine in a local Goodwill shop for 3 weeks:


It was priced at $100 so I didn't buy it, because there are no guarantees we can get these old machines to work and so $100 is too much of a gamble. Then last week it was 50% off purple tags and it was a purple tag, so I was even more tempted, but since I have 14 machines in my apartment I thought I'd better leave it there.....

BUT

Friday evening I remembered that one of the Goodwill staff had mention in passing that Saturday was a 99c sale day for purple tags! And so at 9am Saturday morning hubby and I were at the door waiting and the machine was still there!! So after tax this sewing machine cost me $1.06.



Hubby still has to oil it etc, but it does work.



Adventurous Quilter