Fun at Retreat

I have just spent 3 days at a quilt retreat organized by the quilt club I attend. It was heaps of fun and I got heaps done!


I took my Singer 301a this time and she sews like a dream!It is a fairly fast machine which suits me just fine :) I took my featherweight as well but didn't use it because I was loving the 301a so much! This time I didn't forget anything but with all this sewing stuff plus my suitcase it took 3 trips to the car to pack and unpack!!


We enjoyed learning from one another, sewing, eating and laughing together, there were 23 of us in total:



I made lots of scrappy quilt tops and blocks:



 and this paper pieced top that uses one of my free to download pp patterns it is about 36" x 36":

In total it is 8 quilt tops and blocks for 2 more:


Not bad for 3 days work! This really used up a lot of scrappy fabric in fat quarter size or smaller that I had precut a few months ago in prepeartion for retreat. Some I will probably add borders to so I can make them a better size lap quilt. Some will be charity quilts and some will be gifts or for me I really like the green tumbler quilt top). I now have lots of quilting to do in the next few weeks.


I also got 4 rows of scrappy machine pieced small hexies put together for a small project yet to be determined:


And I made two bulk buy shopping bags out of vintage fabric. I made them like the ones in my tutorial: http://adventurousquilter.blogspot.com/2014/09/how-i-make-simple-french-seam-shopping.html


so I had a terrific time and truly fell in love with my 301a which hasn't helped me gain control of my obsessive love of vintage machines