Sew day!

I am actually sewing today. It seems I never get much of that done lately!

You may remember that at the January quilt retreat I went to I focused on sewing scrap quilts to clear my fat eighth and fat quarter sized scraps. This is one of the tops I created:


It has been quilted for ages and just needed the simple machine binding done, so today I tackled that because it is quick and easy and I felt like I'd achieved something. Check out all the different fabrics in this quilt, I just LOVE it!


Boy does it feel good to have finished something that has been on my to do list all year!


So then I decided to bind this charity baby quilt that I had also made from scraps at that same retreat:


I didn't have the perfect piece of fabric for binding this one, so I used several scraps of pink and did a scrappy binding. So this one is ready to go to a baby in need:


2 finishes in one day! Yahoo!