A Flimsy Finish at Last! OMG yes the AES 😍


I finally finished the quilt top that contains all my Adventurously Epic Sampler pattern test blocks!

2 years in the making!
3+years of design 😱😵


The dogs seem to approve 😁


I was kinda winging it with the borders as usual but I love how they turned out!


I paper pieced the corners for the borders with 4 triangles, each was a half cut from an 18" square of paper.


And I just hand drew some lines with a pencil and ruler to make framing border corners.

They turned out fabulous and were worth the effort!


Don't you just love that feeling when you finally get to press a completed quilt top right side up!


Especially when it's been 3+ years work and you decided at the last minute plain borders weren't gonna cut it for your own sense of style!


But I adore this and can't wait to get it quilted and on the bed!


Check out where it all began in 2015 with this blog post: A New Challenge Sept 11 2015

And the design progressed that year check out this post! October 2015


I am sitting outside in the shade with my three dogs in 90*f heat enjoying a glass of champagne to celebrate finishing this epic project! 


Finished size: 105" x 105"

And in exciting news...

My favourite blogger and long time blogging friend is celebrating 200 linky parties!



So pop over and check out the links to all her fabulous blogging friends:

Val's Quilting Studio